• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ignition interlock fail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ClaireElizabeth

Interlock fail

I have ignition interlock in my car. I blew a fail this morning after a night out. I am not on probation. I have five months of passes and one fail. What are the consequences? I am afraid I am going to loose my license.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I have ignition interlock in my car. I blew a fail this morning after a night out. I am not on probation. I have five months of passes and one fail. What are the consequences? I am afraid I am going to loose my license.
It is possible that you will lose your license. It is time for you to quit drinking quite frankly.

FlyingRon

You have the information you need to answer this question. It was provided to you with that paperwork that you got when you had the interlock installed. I know you didn't bother to read it then, but it's probably a good idea to do so now.

One fail (on the initial start) will just be reported but shouldn't be of consequences. Three fails (or a failure or fail to retest on a rolling check) will result in you being "recalled."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">