• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

immigration/dwi help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Whoadude0923

My husband entered the us legally with a visa at the age of 16. He is now 24 and we have been married for 3 years and have 2 children, we live paycheck to paycheck and have not been able to afford a lawyer to get his residency, his visa does not expire until 2011 but his passport has expired. Last night he got into a fender bender and the police were called, unfortunately he blew a .08. I went down to the jail to bail him out, they told me he has an Immigration Hold and cannot be released. He is from Mexico we live in Texas and this is his first offense. Where do I go from here? How do I know what type of lawyer we need, or if a lawyer is a good one?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">