• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance options after dropped for DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brbarlow145

Hey Guys,

I live in North Carolina and got a DUI last year. Long story short my insurance company recently decided to drop me... even though I've been paying the higher premium and other consequences since getting a DUI. What are my options regarding "affordable" (and I use that term loosely) insurance? Seems hard to find information regarding this.

Just Blue

Hey Guys,

I live in North Carolina and got a DUI last year. Long story short my insurance company recently decided to drop me... even though I've been paying the higher premium and other consequences since getting a DUI. What are my options regarding "affordable" (and I use that term loosely) insurance? Seems hard to find information regarding this.
My advice would be to not drink and drive. As to the insurance issue....That is not something anyone here can assist with.

FlyingRon

Affordable? No, not likely for several years to come. Did your insurer to cede you to the NCRF? That's the stop gap for those otherwise uninsurable. You can also be hunting for someone who will take you on. It won't be cheap however, either way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">