• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

palley

I am concerned that my husband is drinking and driving. Do you know what I can do to protect myself insurance-wise in the event he is arrested?

CdwJava

I am concerned that my husband is drinking and driving. Do you know what I can do to protect myself insurance-wise in the event he is arrested?
I'd suggest you do not share insurance with him, and do not allow him to drive any car which you have insured with you as the primary driver.

The best bet might be to intervene and stop his drinking. Since your married, any damage he causes will effect both of you anyway, because any law suit or claim for damage, injury or death will hit you jointly.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">