• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

interlock violation after spicy pizza and mouthwash

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodykas

not sure about Texas, but in Utah, Salt Lake County - PO definitely will ask you for EtG UA ASAP even for first time violation. so, the is only three options:

1) you passed UA - "interlock failure" will be accepted.
2) you failed UA - you are in deep hole ...
3) you failed to report this ASAP - see number 2.

jayman2011

How does violation work from device?

How does the device report the violation does it go directly to PO once violataion has been recorded by monitoring company (smart start) or does PO not know until i download the device. Trying to see if I should and would have time to contact an attorney, and discuss this further before i got to PO with it.

The device does not have a LCD readout or anything but it does record the result (they are set for ~0.04 for a positive reading for the machine). The device log is downloaded when being re-calibrated.

Search the net for your specific model's cut-off point.

And yes, it does sound unbelievable ; hence your problem, even you acknowledge that.

The process works like any other probation violation. You could have a big issue ahead.

Post back with your results..but most who post interlock device issues & posted on this forum never do so I assume that the outcome for most is not favorable.

jayman2011

Problem with this one?

thanks for your advice but i have one problem about telling PO immediataly if you say she will ask for etg. I have drank in the last 5 days actually the day before this incident occurred and im not suppose to be drinking . So Im thinking Id better wait a few days before telling her to prevent from having two violations if she doesnt wanna beleieve. I would think i could hire an attorney on probation violation to argue the accuracy of device which i see alot. Cant argue a positive UA. UR thoughts?

woodykas;2772137 said:
not sure about Texas, but in Utah, Salt Lake County - PO definitely will ask you for EtG UA ASAP even for first time violation. so, the is only three options:

1) you passed UA - "interlock failure" will be accepted.
2) you failed UA - you are in deep hole ...
3) you failed to report this ASAP - see number 2.

Isis1

thanks for your advice but i have one problem about telling PO immediataly if you say she will ask for etg. I have drank in the last 5 days actually the day before this incident occurred and im not suppose to be drinking . So Im thinking Id better wait a few days before telling her to prevent from having two violations if she doesnt wanna beleieve. I would think i could hire an attorney on probation violation to argue the accuracy of device which i see alot. Cant argue a positive UA. UR thoughts?
if your probabtion terms are for you not to drink at all during this period, you are in for a probation violation regardless.

by your own admittance, you violated. your story won't wash.

THERE! now i fixed it.

Last edited:

cyjeff

Okay... so you ARE drinking again.

You just want everyone (but especially your PO) to believe that you weren't drinking while having a pizza with the boys.

And you don't think your PO.... someone that deals with folks like you everyday... won't figure out why you waited a few days to call in?

That is, of course, why you MUST call tomorrow or be violated.

Sounds like you got yourself into a pickle....

I recommend against using "it didn't go off when I got IN the car to GO to the pizza joint" as proof of your state.

For what it is worth... I don't believe you at all. Neither will your PO.

I_Got_Banned

Spicy pizza..,or spicy food ...will NOT cause an Interlock Device to "go off".

Just won't.

:rolleyes:
Actually, depending on the device, it can register a false positive (methane gas generated as a result of the spicy food mixing with HCL (Hydrochloric acid) in the stomach)...

Last edited:

Isis1

Actually, depending on the device, it can register a false positive (methane gas generated as a result of the spicy food mixing with HCL (Hydrochloric acid) in the stomach)...
i have heard of this situation. however, OP won't be able to use this possible argument since he HAD been drinking. doing a blood test or UA now will have positive results.

he's in a catch 22. no matter what, he's in violation.

Just Blue

Actually, depending on the device, it can register a false positive (methane gas generated in the stomach as a result of the spicy food mixing with HCL (Hydrochloric acid) in the stomach)...
Based on the person (that I questioned) who had a first hand experience with InterLock...Nope.

Based on OP's post's? Nope.

OP is looking for an "out".

I_Got_Banned

i have heard of this situation. however, OP won't be able to use this possible argument since he HAD been drinking. doing a blood test or UA now will have positive results.

he's in a catch 22. no matter what, he's in violation.
Agreed... It would also be safe to assume that he was given some sort of instruction/warning sheet (that is specific to the unit he had installed) with regards to what may trigger it or not...

As far as I am concerned, OP blew his story up in his FIRST post with the "washed my mouth out with (what i thought was) no alcohol mouthwash but it had alcohol in it"... If I had an IID, you can bet your sweet cheeks I would know what type of mouthwash I am buying/using!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">