• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ist offense Dui California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

james78

What is the name of your state? California I am 29 years old and I Recieved a DUI for my stupid actions. Anyway I have quit drinking and Have learned my lesson. The problem I will probably lose my jobe due to the fact I drive for a living, Unless I can have the charge reduced to a wet reckless. Is there hope of finding employment with this on my record.

paguy88

what kind of wwork do you do?

1.6 million people arrested for dui in america... this is a country with over 300 million people so 1.6 million IS A LOT a hight % each year of the total poulation.

if every year each and every one of the 1.6 milliuon people arrested lost there jobs.. the county would be in serious trouble.

I wonder out of the 1.6 million arrested how many actual get convited?

with some states having diversonary programs... some pleading down, some getting off for one reason or another.

again everyone does not lose there job and if you do there are plenty of people walking around with convictions on there record who get hired for work each and every day.

Last edited:

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

No one can accurately predict the outcome, but you should post more information about the arrest and perhaps you can get some helpful advice.

james78

Thank you

I am a non commercial delivery driver and am on unpaid leave until The matter is cleared up. I aknowledge the fact that I screwed I just want to work again and possibly help people not make the same mistake that I did. I blew a .16 on the breathalyzer and was arrested. I was not taken to jail I was released due to the fact it took place right in front of my house. I know I shouldnt of been driving I just made a really bad choice. I just want to deal with my punishment and put it behind me. I am just afraid of this hurting future employment.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">