• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jail time for first offence misdemeanor???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Powerlifter2005

What is the name of your state?Ky

I am charged with Disregard signal to stop and reckless driving I have no criminal record! Could I be in jail for christmas court is thursday?The Lawyer I talked to didn't seem to think it was serious. But I won't have a lawyer with me! And also could I lose my license for 9 months? Does my lack of a criminal record help me alot or no? Just be honest I can handle jail time I'm a powerlifter! Thanks alot for any help I hope I'm not being paranoid!

stevek3

Powerlifter2005 said:
What is the name of your state?Ky

I am charged with Disregard signal to stop and reckless driving I have no criminal record! Could I be in jail for christmas court is thursday?The Lawyer I talked to didn't seem to think it was serious. But I won't have a lawyer with me! And also could I lose my license for 9 months? Does my lack of a criminal record help me alot or no? Just be honest I can handle jail time I'm a powerlifter! Thanks alot for any help I hope I'm not being paranoid!
Are you expecting a deadlifting contest in your cell, or what? What does powerlifting have to do with being able to exist in jail?

Powerlifter2005

Well I just meant my size and strength might keep me from getting into a jam! I know I posted this in the wrong place! But I'm willing to listen to any advice...thanks

stevek3

Powerlifter2005 said:
Well I just meant my size and strength might keep me from getting into a jam! I know I posted this in the wrong place! But I'm willing to listen to any advice...thanks
I believe your post was intended for the Bonds-Giambi Forum. Regardless, best of luck with the cream and the clear.

rmet4nzkx

You will know on Thursday. Did the attorney inform you of the posibilities re jail time? If you are sentenced to jail time, perhaps it will be prior to or delayed until after Christamas.

Your crime free past may help you, flaunting being a powerlifter may not help you, however, Bubba always likes fresh meat, especially body builders, so be carefull bending over in the showers.

Powerlifter2005

Thanks for the advice rmet! My lawyer said nothing about jail I was just asking if it was likely! As far as being a powerlifter I wouldn't say anything bout it to anyone in court or jail . and a bodybuilder is nothing like a powerlifter! I look more like bubba than arnold. And steve funny post the deadlift is my best lift 600lbs. so far.Lawyer said they will offer me pleas and if I don't like them I can get it delayed until he can be there? Thanks alot for all the help. Happy holidays!

rmet4nzkx

Happy holiday's to you and for seeing the humor in it all, It is unlikely you will go to jail for a rolling stop AKA California Stop, most likely that is why your attorney made light of it. If you do have to spend some time in jail just tell the boys that your friends just call you Bubba ;)

Powerlifter2005

the only reason it worried me is because it is list as KY Statute 189.393 and it is a class A misdemeanor. And a police officer said he told me to stop not just a rolling stop thru a light. and I catch the reckless charge for "almost hitting" a cop car! My lawyer wasn't concerned because I guess I can get it delayed until he is there!

rmet4nzkx

Powerlifter2005 said:
the only reason it worried me is because it is list as KY Statute 189.393 and it is a class A misdemeanor. And a police officer said he told me to stop not just a rolling stop thru a light. and I catch the reckless charge for "almost hitting" a cop car! My lawyer wasn't concerned because I guess I can get it delayed until he is there!
Look again, it is a class "B" misdemeanor unless you are fleeing another violation, ask your attorney to get a continuance so he can represent you in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">