• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judge's Order differs from the Stipulation? What takes precedence?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pdawg

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WISCONSIN

Stipulation states: "The defendant's driving record shall be assessed six points and that a suspension of the defendant's driving privilege for six months be assessed following the date of entry of an order approving this stipulation." -- The Order states: IT IS HEREBY ORDERED AND ADJUDGED: "The defendant shall pay a forfeiture in the amount of $887.50 assessed on the OWI charge and the amount of $187.00 on the open intoxicant charge. Six points shall be assessed against the defendant's driving record." There is nothing in the Order ordering a suspension of my driving privileges. In addition, since this order I have received a notice from the DMV that my driver's license has been REVOKED. Nowhere in the Stipulation or Order was it to be revoked (revocation differs legally from suspension). Since the Order didn't contain an order to suspend or revoke my license, my question is, should I legally (according to the Order) retain my driver license & privilege? What takes precedence? Stipulation or Order?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WISCONSIN

Stipulation states: "The defendant's driving record shall be assessed six points and that a suspension of the defendant's driving privilege for six months be assessed following the date of entry of an order approving this stipulation." -- The Order states: IT IS HEREBY ORDERED AND ADJUDGED: "The defendant shall pay a forfeiture in the amount of $887.50 assessed on the OWI charge and the amount of $187.00 on the open intoxicant charge. Six points shall be assessed against the defendant's driving record." There is nothing in the Order ordering a suspension of my driving privileges. In addition, since this order I have received a notice from the DMV that my driver's license has been REVOKED. Nowhere in the Stipulation or Order was it to be revoked (revocation differs legally from suspension). Since the Order didn't contain an order to suspend or revoke my license, my question is, should I legally (according to the Order) retain my driver license & privilege? What takes precedence? Stipulation or Order?
You can't drive. Legally you can't drive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">