• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lenghthy driver license revocation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jillianwattsmil

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hello. I recently entered into a plea bargain for a first offense DUI with property damage and among other punishments I recieved a 5 year revocation of my license. It wasn't until I was before the judge that he stated the 5 year sentance, and it seems extremely too long! What are your thoughts? Should I appeal? Can I? My lawyer was absolutely not worth the $3000 I paid for him. Is there anything I can do, or do I have to take it like a woman?

outonbail

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hello. I recently entered into a plea bargain for a first offense DUI with property damage and among other punishments I recieved a 5 year revocation of my license. It wasn't until I was before the judge that he stated the 5 year sentance, and it seems extremely too long! What are your thoughts? Should I appeal? Can I? My lawyer was absolutely not worth the $3000 I paid for him. Is there anything I can do, or do I have to take it like a woman?
The first thing you need to focus on is getting all the required classes completed, the fines paid off and any court ordered restitution paid as well. Then you can look into petitioning the court to get a provisional or conditional license for something like getting to and from work.
But I wouldn't get too anxious about requesting a modification of your license suspension before I was able to show the court that I took responsibility for my actions and met all the other requirements I was ordered to complete/pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">