• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Let sleeping dogs lay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AHinWI

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Wisconsin now. 27 years ago, while living in IL, I got my 2nd DUI in IL. I obtained a lawyer to fight for my reinstatement and was denied reinstatement of my license. I moved to WI for my job and obtained a WI drivers license. I am retiring to AZ now and thought I would resolve my IL drivers license issue but I am being told they need more money and more time but will guarantee me getting my IL license. My question is: Since I have a current WI drivers license, will I be able to obtain an AZ drivers license when I move there or will the IL revocation appear and prevent me from getting an AZ license?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Wisconsin now. 27 years ago, while living in IL, I got my 2nd DUI in IL. I obtained a lawyer to fight for my reinstatement and was denied reinstatement of my license. I moved to WI for my job and obtained a WI drivers license. I am retiring to AZ now and thought I would resolve my IL drivers license issue but I am being told they need more money and more time but will guarantee me getting my IL license. My question is: Since I have a current WI drivers license, will I be able to obtain an AZ drivers license when I move there or will the IL revocation appear and prevent me from getting an AZ license?
I would think after 27 years....

You might try calling the AZ. Dept.of public safety or their D.M.V equivalent.
And who is "they" who wants more money& more time?

adjusterjack

Since I have a current WI drivers license, will I be able to obtain an AZ drivers license when I move there or will the IL revocation appear and prevent me from getting an AZ license?
It appears that all three states are members of the national Driver License Compact where they all share information.

Since you got a WI license I would guess that you would be eligible for an AZ license.

I would not call the AZ DMV.

1 - Your chances of actually getting through to anybody who knows anything is slim to none. (I live in AZ.)

2 - You don't want to start waving red flags in front of bureaucratic DMV clerks.

If you have no choice but to move to AZ anyway, I suggest you just go in and apply for a license and keep your mouth shut about the past.

If you are moving to the Phoenix metro area it's worth a drive to the North Scottsdale DMV office. It's the nicest office and around 9 AM Tues, Wed, Thurs it's the least crowded.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">