• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

License suspended: Need Help! Don't know what this means!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Andrew3939

I am trying to get my drivers license back. I was convicted of a youthful offender violation (DUI) in 2007 and my license was suspended and they still are.

When I got information on how to get them back from my states DMV website, (Tennessee) they said to pay the reinstatement fee, (ok) and "Submit an order of withdrawal from the court"? So what does that mean exactly? And why do i have to do it to get my drivers license back? Thank you!

FlyingRon

It means that you need to contact the court that your juvenile case was in and get them to tell the DMV that they are not blocking you from driving anymore.

I am trying to get my drivers license back. I was convicted of a youthful offender violation (DUI) in 2007 and my license was suspended and they still are.

When I got information on how to get them back from my states DMV website, (Tennessee) they said to pay the reinstatement fee, (ok) and "Submit an order of withdrawal from the court"? So what does that mean exactly? And why do i have to do it to get my drivers license back? Thank you!
How long were you told your suspension was to last?

Because they told you too.
How long was your suspension to last?

Andrew3939

It was only for the time I was on probation which was 1 year but Ive never needed a license until now. So its time to get them back. I may also have a unpaid fine and/or court cost as well. Will I have to pay it before i get the withdrawal? I hope they dont lock me up because of unpaid fines.... I have a job finally so I will pay it all off.

Dave1952

I doubt that the court will clear your license if you owe the court money. Find out what you owe and pay it before you request that the court clears your license. Have the receipts for your payments with you when you speak to the judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">