• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

License suspended in Oregon. Live in Ohio now. What do I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

howlry

Back in the 1997 in Salem, Oregon I got a DUI and my license were suspended. I have not reinstated them but I NEED to get this fixed so I can start driving again. I currently live in Ohio and was wondering what I would have to do? Is it as simple as paying reinstatement fees? or take classes? HELP!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Back in the 1997 in Salem, Oregon I got a DUI and my license were suspended. I have not reinstated them but I NEED to get this fixed so I can start driving again. I currently live in Ohio and was wondering what I would have to do? Is it as simple as paying reinstatement fees? or take classes? HELP!
You should contact the court in Oregon. You may wish to retain an attorney in Oregon to do so on your behalf.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Generally your license would be suspended for a specific time period. Once that period has elapsed you would need to follow some procedure to get the suspension lifted.

I would first contact the DMV in Oregon and find out if you are eligible to get the suspension lifted and if so what you need to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">