• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

License Suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sodent

Washington,
In Februrary of 2003, I was in a scooter accident while on vacation in Key West, Florida. I was issued a DUI and hired a Florida State lawyer to fight it. Last September the sentence was reduced to a wet reckless charge. I have paid all of my court costs and probation costs and am still trying to get my probation company to close the case but they appear to be quite disorganized and incompetent. The Florida State court minutes for my final sentence did not include a suspension of my license, however, I recieved a Notice of Suspension from the State of Washington for a one month suspension beginning on 9/11/2005. I sent in a request for an appeal but it was denied. Now they are asking for $40 to appeal the action. Will this get me anywhere? How can the State of WA suspend my license when that was not part of my sentence? Should I now hire a WA State lawyer? I need to drive to get to work and I also need to drive company vehicles. If this is a valid action, can I get a special driving permit so I can continue to make a living?

B

budiswis3r

The court system isn't in charge of suspending liscenses or revoking the and what not's. Its the DMV thats in charge of that. You can apply for a work permit though...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">