• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marijuana DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theforeigner117

I live in California in Contra Costa County and my friend just got a DUI for marijuana last night and I had to go pick her up.

I hear the average cost for a DUI with alcohol is around $10,000.

I was wondering if anyone knew the average cost for a DUI with marijuana?

Thank you

CdwJava

The offense is the same, so the overall costs should be similar.

And i do not believe you will spend anywhere near $10,000 on an attorney, fines and fees unless you spend a great deal of time in trial and have to hire an expert or two for testimony. I suspect you would spend closer to $5,000 and nearly $7,000 if you put up a fight and you lose.

Consult local counsel to find out more details in you locale.

- Carl

Silverplum

The offense is the same, so the overall costs should be similar.

And i do not believe you will spend anywhere near $10,000 on an attorney, fines and fees unless you spend a great deal of time in trial and have to hire an expert or two for testimony. I suspect you would spend closer to $5,000 and nearly $7,000 if you put up a fight and you lose.

Consult local counsel to find out more details in you locale.

- Carl
I was wondering if the cost estimate (where's it from?) included the cost of increased insurance premiums and time off work: "hidden" costs like those.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">