• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Michigan, MIP not DUI ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Diver-Dan

Michigan. My son at 20 years old was at home, sitting in front of the TV watching a basketball game with friends and just had 1 beer, yes only only.

a knock at the door, it was the police, there because of a noise complaint. gave everyone a PBT, and my son blew a .001.

was given a ticket, MIP (Minor in possession by consumpion), paid his fines and cost.

NOW ????? it is showing in insurance quotes from michigan as a DUI ?? how can it be reported as a DUI ? when he was not driving, not near a vehicle, no keys in possession. how can the DMV or any insurance company report as DUI? thank you

kgrant1741

The same just occured to us. As it turns out the secretary of state uses the same code for MIP as for DUI, therefore you should ask the insurance company to read the report. (I first verified that the driving record was correct and that no DUI was on there).

They immediately removed the DUI from our insurance surcharge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">