• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minor in consumption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kdl090020

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas

ok so last night i went to my fraternity's bus party after a long night they bused us back to the activity center not have alot to drink i was the first on off the bus and the cops asked me to come over where they questioned me about drinking i told the cops i was 21 and wrote down my birthday as if i was 21 then they could not find record of me being in the system so they again asked me my information so i told them that i had lied and that i was only 20 then they sat me down and shined a bright light in my face and started questioning me but they did not do a field sobriety test or a breathalyser is there anyway i could fight this because i did not admit to drinking until they scared me and told me i could go to jail unless i told them if i had been drinking so i admitted to it and they wrote me a ticket for a mic and they put on the ticket that i admitted to drinking

FlyingRon

You were not 21. You were drinking. You admitted lying which was seen as an attempt to coverup being underage (which you would not need to do unless you were drinking). You admitted to drinking during questioning. Chances are they will testify as to other manifestations of your consumption (odor of alcohol). You're unlikely to get out of this.

Catching underage college students at frat events isn't very sporting (we call it shooting fish in a barrel) but it's a legitimate tactic.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">