• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor In consumption and Fake Id.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cassjbo

What is the name of your state? North Dakota

I was caught trying to get into a beer garden with a fake id.
I had found the I.D and was using to find my roomate in the beer garden to get a ride home. THe police, wouldnt tell me what I blew on the breathalizer.
TOld me I was free to go as long as I appear at court on a certain date.
I got a ride and then the Sheriff, told me I was now going to go to Jail.
They didnt beleieve I was N.D resident and were going to charge with with Minnesota charges. $2,000 more, I was arrested with 4 other girls, all of which were allowed to roam around the jail station. I was the only one immediatly put into a cell by myself, and he let all the other minors use their cell phones to call for bail bond. I wasnt allowed to. I never was allowed to use a phone. Finally my roomate showed up at the jail. And they allowed for me to talk to her. After which, the police told me I had no rights when I was in jail and that I couldnt talk to a suprivisor to discuss my case. They wouldnt tell me what I blew, what my bail bond was and when I had to go to court, While the other minors were finally put in a cell with eachother, I was still by myself, not allowed to call anyone. NOt sure what the laws are, but I want to know what to say when I appear in court in 10 days!

Curt581

cassjbo said:
I was caught trying to get into a beer garden with a fake id. I had found the I.D and was using to find my roomate in the beer garden to get a ride home. THe police, wouldnt tell me what I blew on the breathalizer.
TOld me I was free to go as long as I appear at court on a certain date.
In what state did this occur?
I got a ride and then the Sheriff, told me I was now going to go to Jail.
Tell us what happened between the time you were told you would be cited and released, and the time you were told you were going to be taken to jail.

Did you lie to them about who you are?

Did they find a warrant with your name on it from Minnesota?

Did you say something/do something to get arrested?
NOt sure what the laws are, but I want to know what to say when I appear in court in 10 days!
You should hire an attorney. If you can't afford one, ask the court to appoint one.

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

Don't know, but you're different from your friends because you were caught with a fake I.D. From what I understand, that's worse than stealing the beer itself. So you have two issues, minor consuming / intoxicated, and the bigger one, the fake I.D.

Agree that you should consult with a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">