• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor Consumption while driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cleighkay

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I was driving myself and 3 friends home after going to a party when i got pulled over for a failure to dim lights. I pulled into a gas station and the officer explained why he had pulled me over and then continued by saying that he smelled an odor and asked if we had been drinking, we admitted we had, and he said we would all be tested (all of us are under 21). He tested us all and i came back with the lowest of a .04 he then gave us each a ticket for minor consumption and said we were free to drive home. I was just wanting to know what kind of consequences i could be facing. I assume fees, i have heard possibility of community service and the biggest worry i have is that my license could be taken. The officer did give us a court date.

FlyingRon

Your license could be suspended for up to a year. If you are under 18 it will be for at least 60 days. That's even if you weren't driving. Expect alcohol classes and community service. Don't expect leniency if you were driving.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">