• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIP.. 19.. no ticket? washington state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

|chan|

What is the name of your state? Washington

Heres the story...

me and my friend were at a party and decided to go home. on the freeway we get pulled over for speeding by state patrol because my friend the driver who was sober was going 77 in a 60. when we got pulled over the cop asked us for id and then told us he could smell alcohol. i admitted to him i had a couple drinks and then asks my friend if he had any. who told him he didnt. the cop then askes the driver to step out and did some field sobority tests with him and a pbt. my friend passesed the test and got a BAC of .00 seeing how he wasnt drinking. my friend then came back to the vehicle and the cop asked me to step out and take a pbt. i blew a BAC of 0.07 or 0.007 i honestly cant remember because i wasnt looking at it. he told me to sit in side the cop car while he took down my info. after i guess processing my info or something he told me that he was going to foward this to the prosecutors to see if they wanted to file charges or not. he then released me to my friends vehicle and never gave me a ticket for it or any other paper. he then gave my friend a speeding ticket and told him that he lowered the speed to 71 so he would be in a lesser bracket. and then we were free to go.

question is how worried should i be. i wasnt driving a vechicle and i made sure i had a dd. there was no alcohol in the car either. im worried that imma be contacted by the court when i least expect it. i've talked to other people and they told me i shouldnt worry about it because i didnt get a ticket or citation.

outonbail

Well I suggest you don't bother worrying about it because whether or not you receive a citation is out of your hands. So worrying can't make it any better.

Learn from the mistake and move on. I doubt you will be charged at this point

duiguy34

If he sent the case to the prosecutor for review you may actually receive a summons in the future. If you want to check on the status of the case, contact the prosecutor directly. He is the one who will ultimately decide if charges will be pursued.

It could be likely that the trooper logged your name and no report was written. It could also be likely that you have a summons on the way for minor in consumption.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">