• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIP (Consumption) In Idaho

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AASJDB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho

Hey I was wondering if any people could reply to this ASAP because I have a court date very soon and I was wondering how hard it would be to plead not guilty to a MIP (for consumption) in Idaho.

The story starts with me coming from Washington to hang out with my friends in Idaho. Last night me and my friend (both 18 years old) were at a party, but didnt drink nearly enough to be tipsy or under the influence at all. I may have had a couple drinks (sips) from a beer pong game, and my friend may have had 2-3 beers at the most.

Later that night we leave the house in my car to look for the friend who I am living with so we could get into his house. We were also forced to leave the party because of not wanting to drink anymore and people didnt appreciate this. After we left a cop pulled us over. This was the first time being pulled over for anything what so ever and both me and my friend were extremely nervous. The officer came up to me and I was shaking giving him my license and registration. He asked me if i had anything to drink and I said No, he asked me again and I said No again, finally, after being asked multiple times I cooperated said there were 3 beers at a party durin beer pong but I didnt mention that I drank them, because I didnt. He takes me out of his car to do the DUI test (Fingers moving, keep head still ... and walking in a straight line 9 steps and back) and I passed it easily so I wasn't charged with a DUI. Since I was out of state he then cuffed me and told me I had to go to jail. After putting me into his car he aggressively asked my friend if he had been drinking as well, and after being forced to give a different answer my friend said yes.

There were no breathalizers taken at any time and the little amounts we may have had were hours ago.

Is there anyway my friend and I can get out of these MIP charges? My court date is tomorrow morning since I am only in town for another week. In Idaho what are the penalties of getting an MIP? How would these penalties be transfered to Washington State? Should I even bother pleading guilty when I clearly had only a few sips/drinks? What should we do? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Hey I was wondering if any people could reply to this ASAP because I have a court date very soon and I was wondering how hard it would be to plead not guilty to a MIP (for consumption) in Idaho.
Very easy, when they ask you how you plea, you say "Not Guilty"
Is there anyway my friend and I can get out of these MIP charges? My court date is tomorrow morning since I am only in town for another week. In Idaho what are the penalties of getting an MIP? How would these penalties be transfered to Washington State? Should I even bother pleading guilty when I clearly had only a few sips/drinks? What should we do? Thanks in advance
With that story in court, you'll be found guilty.

If you have no priors, you may be able to get a deferred adjudication on this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">