• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIP/MIC at same time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slooowone

What is the name of your state?
TX

I am 20 and a few nights ago I was at a bar with my boyfriend who is 22. He got drunk and I ended up taking care of him while we were there. While we were there, he spilled his beer on my jeans. At this bar, I was given a wristband with 'under 21' on it and giant 'M's on the backs of my hands. I did not have a drink while I was there.

After the bar, I dropped my boyfriend off at his house and proceeded with my friends to another house. Some people were drinking at this place but most of us were not. I was there for about 30 min and then the cops showed up saying that they got called for a noise problem. We all got noise violations and they proceeded to check everyones IDs and gave all under 21 MIPs. When it came to me, they asked me if I had been drinking and I said no I had not. I told them that I was the DD that night and I had just gotten done dropping my boyfriend off at his house from a bar. He said that I smelled like alcohol and wrote me up a MIC on top of my MIP and noise violation. I told him again that I had not drinken anything that night and he said that he didn't believe me. he did not give me a sobority test or any kind of test to prove that I had been drinking.

I was wondering if there is any way I would be able to get my MIC dropped? ...if so what do I need to do?

is it even possible to get both a MIP and a MIC?

I really don't have the money right now to take care of both of them so any advise would be very helpful!

thanks!

CavemanLawyer

At your appearance, talk to the prosecutor and just tell them your story. If he/she believes you they might dismiss most or all of your tickets, or work something out that you can live with. If you are not satisfied with their offer you can set it for trial or reset to get an attorney. If you are convicted or plead you can file an appeal bond and get trial de novo (just do it all over again) at the county level. The good thing about this is that if you plead to the MIC or MIP at the county level than you can get deferred. The bad thing is that the court costs will be higher.

Yes you can get MIP and MIC at the same time. Hold a beer in your hand you are MIP. Take a single sip and now you're also MIC.

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

It's going to be your word against the cops'. Even though I may believe you, there's truth to what people have said for a long time..... guilt by association.

AlanShore

What is the name of your state?
TX

I am 20 and a few nights ago I was at a bar with my boyfriend who is 22. He got drunk and I ended up taking care of him while we were there. While we were there, he spilled his beer on my jeans. At this bar, I was given a wristband with 'under 21' on it and giant 'M's on the backs of my hands. I did not have a drink while I was there.

After the bar, I dropped my boyfriend off at his house and proceeded with my friends to another house. Some people were drinking at this place but most of us were not. I was there for about 30 min and then the cops showed up saying that they got called for a noise problem. We all got noise violations and they proceeded to check everyones IDs and gave all under 21 MIPs. When it came to me, they asked me if I had been drinking and I said no I had not. I told them that I was the DD that night and I had just gotten done dropping my boyfriend off at his house from a bar. He said that I smelled like alcohol and wrote me up a MIC on top of my MIP and noise violation. I told him again that I had not drinken anything that night and he said that he didn't believe me. he did not give me a sobority test or any kind of test to prove that I had been drinking.

I was wondering if there is any way I would be able to get my MIC dropped? ...if so what do I need to do?

is it even possible to get both a MIP and a MIC?

I really don't have the money right now to take care of both of them so any advise would be very helpful!

thanks!
1. Chill Out
2. From what you said they had no case against you.
3. If you can, hire a lawyer to help you out. Your school might even have a student legal assistance center.
4. The DA will most likely plead all of these downs But relax already. Its all part of having some fun in college.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">