• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moved to Az from Co with interlock

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Timibud

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado
My new Arizona drivers license doesn't require me to have an interlock. I asked if I could remove it & was told to contact Colorado, which I did.
I was told I would receive a form to fill out & fax back notarized. The form is for non-ownership of a vehicle. ???
I can't find an answer anywhere on Colorado's web site.
Does anyone know the answer?

Last edited:

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado
My new Arizona drivers license doesn't require me to have an interlock. I asked if I could remove it & was told to contact Colorado, which I did.
I was told I would receive a form to fill out & fax back notarized. The form is for non-ownership of a vehicle. ???
I can't find an answer anywhere on Colorado's web site.
Does anyone know the answer?
I'm thinking that it means you can remove the interlock at the point where you no longer own the vehicle, but I could be mistaken...:rolleyes:

HomeGuru

I've never seen ad add like that on Craigslist. "Used car complete with interlock. Perfect vehicle for drunks"

Timibud

I would like to thank Arizona for a clear answer to their rule about it, & wish Colorado could be bothered to put it on their web site or educate their employee's like Arizona has! :mad:
I guess I'll have another 25+ minute wait just to talk to another fool & hope...HOPE... they know the answer to such a simple question.
It should be a yes or no, that doesn't suggest I commit perjury!!! :eek:

sandyclaus

I would like to thank Arizona for a clear answer to their rule about it, & wish Colorado could be bothered to put it on their web site or educate their employee's like Arizona has! :mad:
I guess I'll have another 25+ minute wait just to talk to another fool & hope...HOPE... they know the answer to such a simple question.
It should be a yes or no, that doesn't suggest I commit perjury!!! :eek:
Did you happen to mention to Arizona that you had the DUI conviction on your record? Was your Colorado license suspended or revoked? Did you happen to mention THAT on your AZ license application, or would that have been a problem with you getting the new AZ license? Do you even LIVE in Arizona, or did you just find a way to establish residency there in order to get around the license suspension/revocation in Colorado?

It isn't PERJURY if you answer truthfully. Of course, it seems that had you done that, you probably wouldn't have been issued the AZ license.

Timibud

Arizona knows about it, my Colorado license says "Restricted, Interlock Only" right on it. The guy had not seen one before & called his supervisor, who in turn called his supervisor, who called Colorado, only to respond that I would get a "No Restrictions License", which prompted my question in the first place!
Yes I live in Tucson now, I'm not pulling a fast one, but it might seem that way, especially to slow trolls...

Timibud

It didn't occur to me that my 1st post was so hard to understand. I also didn't think I was expected to be guilty of something... At least I didn't have to waste an hour of my life waiting for DMV people on the phone or at the desk of someone on the phone.
Just hoping someone knew...

Dave1952

You probably signed DR 2058, the restricted license affidavit, where you agreed to use interlocks until your Co. restriction expires. This has nothing to do with Az. and it's DMV. If Co. notices that you are no longer renting and using an interlock they may issue a warrant for your arrest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">