• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moving and DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kate33

What is the name of your state? IA

I have received a letter stating I have been accepted into the ARD program in PA. I have moved due to my husband being transferred for his job and have kept everyone notified of this in PA. I now have an IA drivers license since we've been here for 3 months. Upon getting my IA drivers license, I answered honestly to the DOT questions and reported that I could be receiving a suspension. I did not know for sure at that time though as I had not yet been told. I have not been convicted of a DUI since I'm taking the ARD program. My question is, at the time of my arrest I had a PA drivers license. Now when I surrender my IA driver's license at the ARD hearing, can IA impose more penalties to me? Or not since I did not have an IA license at the time of the incident?

I understand I will not be able to drive in either state due to my suspension, but was wondering if IA has the ability or will likely impose a longer suspension? Currently, it's 60 days.

Thank you.

paguy88

What is the name of your state? IA

I have received a letter stating I have been accepted into the ARD program in PA. I have moved due to my husband being transferred for his job and have kept everyone notified of this in PA. I now have an IA drivers license since we've been here for 3 months. Upon getting my IA drivers license, I answered honestly to the DOT questions and reported that I could be receiving a suspension. I did not know for sure at that time though as I had not yet been told. I have not been convicted of a DUI since I'm taking the ARD program. My question is, at the time of my arrest I had a PA drivers license. Now when I surrender my IA driver's license at the ARD hearing, can IA impose more penalties to me? Or not since I did not have an IA license at the time of the incident?

I understand I will not be able to drive in either state due to my suspension, but was wondering if IA has the ability or will likely impose a longer suspension? Currently, it's 60 days.

Thank you.

i dont beleive you will surender you IA DL...

it dont work that way

about 4-6 after the hearing Penndot will notify you that you need to turn your licnese in to them for the 60 days... you dont turn it over at the hearing.

now you live in IA so someone else will have a better idea how this is handled. but penn dot wont be taking your IA DL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">