• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving/Transfer license from one state to another Prior to sentencing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

djc1064

Here is my predicament. I planned on moving to florida in the next month and I got a DUI over the weekend. In order to move from Pennsylvania to Florida the new company is going to require me to get a valid Florida drivers license.

My questions are am I able to move out of state with a pending DUI (1st time offense with no other prior offenses in anything) then come back for my hearing which I will hopefully get ARD and potentially have that transferred to florida?

Can I transfer my PA license to an FL license with a pending DUI case?

Also what are the chances I can serve my license suspension on florida?

FlyingRon

You don't transfer licenses. You apply for a new license on the basis of your existing one. If you're existing one is not yet suspended Florida will most likely issue you one. You ARD suspension will probably be over by the time news from PA gets down to Florida. You should however, avoid driving in PA while suspended there even if you have a Florida license.

As long as you complete ARD and get the DUI dismissed, Florida has no cause to act.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">