• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Much needed advice!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stacybrb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine
In 1998 I got into an accident, was arrested oui .08 and leaving the scene of property damage accident. The gentleman I hit got a lawyer and sued me for @$3000. Now in 2009 the amount is over $8000 and the lawyer has put an indefinite suspension on my license. Since all this I have been found disabled with mental illness. I have also turned my life around dramatically. I am in my 2nd year of college studying for my BAchelors in Psychology with an Emphasis in Substance Abuse. I have not had my license sinc 1998 and am in need of it desperately. I need to get to Dr.'s appts. and I will need a license for employment purposes as well. Do you have any advice for me in this matter. Unfortunately I DO NOT have $8000, I live on a fixed income and barely have enough to pay my bills. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
Stacy Berube:)

FlyingRon

What did your insurance carrier say?
How are you going to afford a car if you can't pay the judgments against you?

You may want to read under the debt collection threads. It may turn out that that debt is too old to now be collectable and you can have wiped from all the records.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">