• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

multiple dui's in different states

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

milton47

What is the name of your state? florida
i have 2 dui's in texas ('87 & '99) and was just charged with my 1st in florida, whats the likely hood of the prosecutor finding the 2 in texas? and charging me with a felony? consequences? thanks for any insight or advice.

JETX

Hopefully, the chances of getting the three-time DUI count is pretty good. Sounds like you are inability to not drive under the influence is a danger to all the 'normal' citizens on the road.

"Consequences?"
*** With any luck, you will get some prime "Bubba-time".

HomeGuru

milton47 said:
What is the name of your state? florida
i have 2 dui's in texas ('87 & '99) and was just charged with my 1st in florida, whats the likely hood of the prosecutor finding the 2 in texas? and charging me with a felony? consequences? thanks for any insight or advice.
**A: very high. Can you do us all a favor and stay off the roads?

W

willyrae

10 year driving record

Have you been to the florida dmv and gotten a copy of your florida driving record (10 year )

W

willyrae

good luck

not always the case, but sometimes this is all they might look at. Computers are only as good as the programers. In all fairness to the flip side of this subject, I would like you to read my comment to the Dad in Alabama/dui/minor. Take care. willyrae

M

milton47

dui

First thanks for your imput. What do you know about the reciprocal laws states have regarding suspended lic. and importantly how effective are they. As you mentioned they're only as good as the programers or the processes in place.
Thanks

E

Ex Is Nuts

How familiar are you with the term "Don't drink and drive"????? If you were smart, you'd be glad you didn't kill some helpless little kid in the process if your "fun". Sorry, I hate to be rude, but drunks driving around town pisses me off..........

M

milton47

HomeGuru

Can you and your fellow complainers do everyone a favor and stay off this web site unless you have something truly constuctive to contribute instead of making snide remarks.

gobonas99

sorry...but if you are stupid enough to drink and drive, you deserve everything you get. As Ex is Nuts said, be glad you MERELY got a DUI, and didn't hurt or kill anyone.

E

Ex Is Nuts

Milton:
Trying to convince people such as yourself that drinking and driving is a bad accident waiting to happen, and that AA might not be a bad choice to try before you kill someone IS a contribution my friend. You might not like it, but then again, sometimes people don't like the truth.......

M

milton47

goboohoo99

Quit your crying, all this is,is a bitch session for a bunch of X AA members or victims who don't have anything useful to do in their life BUT complain on a chat site. the only time I recieve a response is when I push someones button, which in your case's isn't to difficult. Be constructive even though you may not like us, be understanding,you don't know us, you haven't been down ower road, be tolerante. I never said i didn't have a problem or that i wasn't concerned about my past actions but for some of you to just make offhanded remarks without knowing me or my situation just shows that its more than just me that needs counsuling.

E

Ex Is Nuts

Re: goboohoo99

milton47 said:
you haven't been down our're road, be tolerante.
No I haven't, and if you are drinking and driving on it, please tell me where it is so I be sure to stay away..........

gobonas99

Milton...

No, I am not an alcoholic (ex or otherwise), and no, I have never been a victim of a drunk driver. I HAVE, however, known people who have been directly effected by a drunk driver.

A former high school teacher of mine was hit and killed by a drunk driver, leaving behind a husband, and 2 little girls. My senior year of high school, a fellow classmate (whose mother was my senior english teacher) was killed by a drunk driver - HIMSELF. He crossed the center line and drove head-on into a semi - it was a closed casket...his body was so unrecognizeable that they had to do DNA testing to positively identify his body.

"Be constructive even though you may not like us"
How is telling you to not drink and drive so you don't kill yourself or someone else NOT constructive???

"be understanding,you don't know us"
Nope...I DON'T know you. But it is VERY difficult to be understanding of someone who blatantly disregards safety and common sense because they don't have the decency to ask someone for a ride home or for a quarter so they can call a cab.

"you haven't been down ower road, be tolerante"
No, I haven't been down your road. But I CANNOT be tolerant of people who KNOWINGLY put other people at risk.

"I never said i didn't have a problem or that i wasn't concerned about my past actions but for some of you to just make offhanded remarks without knowing me or my situation just shows that its more than just me that needs counsuling."
How is it that people who know that it is not only ILLEGAL, but also STUPID to drink and drive are the ones who need counseling? I fail to see that logic. I did not say that you don't have a problem, and I did not say that you don't KNOW that you have a problem, nor did I say that you were not concerned about your past actions. HOWEVER, the drinking and the driving under the influence are two SEPARATE issues. Even if you are an alcoholic, PLEASE have the decency to NOT DRIVE after you have been drinking. Don't risk hurting, or worse killing, yourself or someone else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">