• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my case plauseable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nicky4832

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

A few weeks back, I was having a few drinks with my buddy, I got into my car and drove to an ATM. At the ATM a car was pulled over by an officer and while I was there a second cop car came to deal with the car that was pulled over and happened to block me in. In my drunken stupor, I walk up to the officer and ask him if I could get out of the parking lot, he noticed I was slurring and asked me if I had been drinking and I said yes becasue it was obvious. He then searched my car (I had a couple of marijuana roaches in there) and arrested me with a DUI and Possesion of marijuana. However when I approaced the officer, my car was completely off, and had just taken my money out of the ATM. I don't believe the officer even saw me or my friend get out of the car (he got out before I approched the officer). They simply checked my friends ID and let him walk away.
Can I get out of the DUI? Do I need a lawyer? Please help I have court tomorrow

racer72

What is your defense to the fact that your car was obviously driven to the location where you were found? Also, the fact you were going to drive the car if given the chance? You need an attorney, see one soon.

JETX

Can I get out of the DUI?
Of course you 'can'. After all, a meteor could hit the courthouse and destroy all records of your citation.
Will you get out of the DUI otherwise, based solely on the information in your post, not likely.

Do I need a lawyer?
Depends. If you want to plead guilty, you won't need an attorney. However, if you plan to plead not guilty and mount ANY kind of defense... yes.

quincy

Most ATMs are equiped with cameras, as are most police vehicles. You were probably photographed. I don't think it would be wise to lie about who drove your car.

mike_lee

You could try the Quaalude defense.

"Well you see Your Honer . . . sir. . . dude, after the hooch was gone I dropped a couple Quaaludes that's why i ended up pointing the wrong way in at the ATM lane. So cop dude comes up to me and says "Didn't you see the arrows?" And I said, "Arrows? Dude, I didn't even see the Indians. So anyway some Indian dude drove us there."

Why should we help someone with no sense of honesty or integrity?
Unlike the sterling and above reproach ethics of the law profession. He has a sense of honesty and intercity. It's just different from yours. Plus judge him based on his age and your age. My sister was an absolute slut growing up, at 12 or 13 she was doing our adult uncles who lived nexr door, the milkman, basically whoever was handy. The other day she's telling me about our 14 year old niece who is pregnant and she says to me "Yes, they were bored and had sex for something to do, can you believe kids today no morality?" At first I laughed until I realized she was serious. This ability to unremember the flaws of youth is quite interesting.

quincy

Mike, I have got to say that your posts are always very interesting - totally bizarre and completely irreverant, for sure, but always very interesting. Thanks for the laugh. :)

Last edited:

quincy

I beg to differ, fairisfair. I think he called Ohiogal old. ;)

Anyway, journalists don't claim to have sterling and above reproach ethics - that would go against our motto of "accuracy always". :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">