• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is my dad goin to do jail time? child endangerment, 2 dui

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Northkorea

What is the name of your state? Michigan

my dad has 2 impaired tickets in the past, 2 of them between the years 1993-1999 . and now this is his 2nd impaired ticket within 7 years (2000-2007, this time he also has a felony charge of child engangerment of a minor under 16 ( he was drunk driving and driving the wrong way on a one way street) with my little brother with him.

so im wondering if the courts would go back on those tickets he got around 1993-1999?,

if so that means he would have 4 impaired tickets all togather? or would they only look at the ones he got within 7 years and go from there?

could he be facing jail time or even prison? he not going to have good lawyer either.

FlyingRon

The look back for the multiple offense is seven years. The previous years won't enter into which major category of sentencing but it won't help him get an leniency from the judge.

The felony child endangerment part of the charge is VERY serious. Just the word FELONY should is of concern. The penalties coupled with a prior drunk driving is:

$500-5000 fine AND
at least 30 days and perhaps up to five years incarceration AND
60-180 days community service

Minimum of 1 year revocation of the drivers license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">