• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My DMV Hearing Officer Denied Restoration of License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ms980619

What is the name of your state? NC

I need some serious Legal Advice not jokes. I had a second DWI in the state of NC over Two Years ago and my License was suspened for 4 years and I could get a hearing after 2 Years. I finally got my hearing after I spent a bunch of money,time and filled all kinds of paperwork. I found out today that the ruling was upheld and I could ask for another hearing after 1 year. I was really counting on this beacuse in that time I have graduated and am working at a job in Virginia. This last year was good because I used Public Transportation but am getting moved to a new work site and public transpor.
is harder to get. Does anyone know if I can get a limited driving privelage in VA. Or advise me on what to do, since all the legal is done and only the DMV in NC is messing me up. I am really happy with my job and risk losing everything I have accomplished over last year to better my self and situation.
This situation really SUX, I admit I made some mistakes but am on the right road.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ANY ADVICE IS GOOD ADVICE.

What should I do.

ms980619

DMV Hearing

Since I live in VA will the DMV in Va take my case into consideration and possiblly give me a limited driving privelage. If someone knows any other way I can get limited driving privelages just until I get this situation straightened out, Your help will be much appreciated.

Also for a 2nd DWI OFFENSE IN VA they suspend your license for 3 Years but in NC they suspend it for 4 Years. So is it possible for me to gat a VA license before my 4 years suspension is up in NC.

Thank you.

S

seniorjudge

I'll give you a joke and some advice.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/01/12/lawyer.jokes.arrest.ap/index.html

Now for the advice: This hearing in North Carolina must be appealed. If you have not appealed it or if you have waited too long to appeal it, then forget going that route (at least for the next two years).

http://www.uslegalforms.com/lawdigest/drivers-hardship-law-digest.php/VA/VA-DRIVE2.htm

You may be able to get a restricted driving privilege in the commonwealth, but you may have to file an independent action for doing that since you were not convicted there. Call the licensing agency in Virginia and ask them if there is a way to do it without a lawyer; also ask the state bar for booklets on hardship driving permits.

Also, you will need car insurance which will be horribly expensive. Ask your insurance agent about the SR 22 requirements in Virginia.

License

Usually you have to satisfy the requirements in the State you got the DUI's in before you can get a license in another state. I guess the question is why were you denied? Did you complete a state ceritified DUI treatment program? No probation violations? If not, you won't get any kind of license unless, unless NC law deviates from the norm.

I would think you be able to qualify for a restricted license by now. You'll likely need an intoxilizer interlock as well as SR 22

You may be able to lower your SR22 costs if you can get a non-operator Sr22. The states don't like it, but most states mandate that it's available. the call the DMV and ask them if non-operator SR22 are available.

ms980619

DMV Hearing

Can I get a Restricted license in Michigan. If the 2nd DWI doesn't show up on my Criminal record but only on my Driving record, since michigan is not part of the Compact???

HELP???

S

seniorjudge

ms980619 said:
Can I get a Restricted license in Michigan. If the 2nd DWI doesn't show up on my Criminal record but only on my Driving record, since michigan is not part of the Compact???

HELP???
You should ask the Michigan licensing authorities these questions.

In fact, call them two days in a row and ask them the same questions both days. If you get a different answer, call a third day.

Keep track of who you talk to.

ms980619

Driving with suspended License in Va

What is the punishment if you drive with a suspended license in VA from another state.

Also when police stop you for a ticket and pull up your information in VA does your picture come up in their police car???

Speaking with an attorney, Does anyone know of a good one in VA who speacializes with out of state license restoration.

rmet4nzkx

When you took your new job you should have moved closer to your work you knew the possiblity existed that your license would not be restored before 4 years. You have been given advice what have you done besides asking more quesitons? The Michigan idea won't work because you live in VA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">