• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my wedding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sarajaie

What is the name of your state? michigan

two years ago my brother was involed in a drunk driving accident he served a year in jail and is now out and on probation I just got engaged and we decided to get married on a cruise my brothers po dosent think he will let my brother leave the state to watch us get married is there anything I can do to help him out so that he can come to my wedding please let me know I would do anything to have him there on my wedding day!!!!!!!!!
thank you

S

seniorjudge

sarajaie said:
What is the name of your state? michigan

two years ago my brother was involed in a drunk driving accident he served a year in jail and is now out and on probation I just got engaged and we decided to get married on a cruise my brothers po dosent think he will let my brother leave the state to watch us get married is there anything I can do to help him out so that he can come to my wedding please let me know I would do anything to have him there on my wedding day!!!!!!!!!
thank you
If the PO says NO he don't GO.

sarajaie

i would postpone my wedding but it is already paid for and can't get a refund i was just wondering if there is anyway to talk to his po and show himhow my brother has changed and if there is something my brother can do

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sarajaie said:
i would postpone my wedding but it is already paid for and can't get a refund i was just wondering if there is anyway to talk to his po and show himhow my brother has changed and if there is something my brother can do

My response:

That's what I love about criminal families. They don't understand the meaning of probation or parole. Your brother doesn't have "freedom" like you or your next door neighbor who lives in the trailer down by the river.

Think of probation as an invisible jail cell around your brother, and he can't get out.

IAAL

S

seniorjudge

sarajaie said:
Q: if there is something my brother can do

A: Yes, he can apologize to you for his bad choices in life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">