• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MyDuiClass.com

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Moon2007

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

Hey has anybody ever done their DUI Class online such as MyDUIClass.com or on any other site? If so, is it really certified and legit? The site looks convincing enough but I want to know if anyone has tried one.

FlyingRon

Despite their web page, you'd better check to see if that course meets the requirements of the referarl you got for the AEP in Maryland. I do known in the Virginia VASAP, you HAVE to talk to the VASAP office handling your case to find out which providers they accept.

Moon2007

Thanks FlyingRon.
The site mentioned about doing an assessment before taking the class, to determine how many hours you actually need and i understand the requirements part for the state. But my questions still stand, Has anyone ever completed one of these classes online? And, is it legit?

Last edited:

PixieHeart

Not so fast....

This is strictly FYI and is not professional advice by any stretch of the imagination....

You may want to call the Courthouse in County that holds jurisdiction and ask whether the online program is acceptable before you sign up. They are the ones who have the final say and if you get involved with this online program before getting court approval and think you have complied with the requirements, you may find yourself in deeper hot water. AND...whatever you do, make sure if you don't get approval in writing, that you at least get the person's name and title, just to be on the safe side. On a similar thread from the state of PA the poster took our advice and called the courthouse and was told that they ONLY accept online in EXTREME situations such as physical disability and/or out of state residency, etc. I realize this is not the answer you were hoping for ....it's all I got! Hope this helps!

P.S. I found this info for your STATE

Maryland Driver’s Handbook:

"Alcohol Education Program
All persons referred to the alcohol education
program must have an alcohol assessment to
determine if they are alcohol abusers or dependent
users. Depending on the blood alcohol concentration
(BAC), all types of users on some occasion may become
impaired drivers on the highway. Program attendees are required to
attend a minimum of 12 hours of alcohol education with a provider
approved by the Alcohol and Drug Administration. Attendees must
attend the entire course and successfully complete the program’s
requirements in order to attain credit for completion."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">