• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help getting hardship license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrwabba

What is the name of your state? Oregon

A few months ago I got a DUII and since I’m not 21 I knew if I blew anything I would have been screwed. So I tried to talk my way out of taking the test and got a refusal which gives you a 1 year suspension but you can get a hardship permit after 3 months. I am now able to get that hardship permit (and I do need it I got laid off and live over a mile away from a bus stop and Oregon rain fall-spring isn’t fun to deal with) so my 1st step was to look up sr-22 insurance. I was told by the company that everyone in the house hold must be under the same plan in order for the courts to give me the hard ship. I live at home and my mom refuses to give up her current insurance company who doesn’t offer a sr-22 and I'm trying to all this the right way but it looks like I have ran into a dead end unless I move out the house which with no job now I cant afford. Not looking for sympathy (even if I was I know I wouldn’t get it) just looking for a solutoution in case there is one out there.

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

You can pick up SR-22 policies all over the internet and probably in your town and you don't have to run it through your current insurance carrier. Your mother can keep her regular policy and shop for the SR-22 elsewhere for that specific coverage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">