• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

never got suspension letter from DMV?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jetsfever01

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

it has been 37 days since my DUI arrest and no suspension letter from DMV. Never changed my address or nothin. Who should i call to see if my license is suspended?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

it has been 37 days since my DUI arrest and no suspension letter from DMV. Never changed my address or nothin. Who should i call to see if my license is suspended?
From the Connecticut DMV:

If you have been arrested for operating under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs and either failed a chemical alcohol analysis of your blood, breath, or urine or refused to submit to such analysis, your operator's license or privilege is suspended effective 12:01 a.m. on the thirty-first day following the date of the arrest. A Notice of Suspension will be mailed to your address of record allowing seven days to request a hearing.
Did they do a test for BAC? What was it?

If they did not do a test--or if they did and you were under the per se legal limit--and as long as you did not refuse a test, then they cannot suspend your license automatically. Rest assured that the court will do so if you are convicted.

I would call DMV and find out what's up.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">