• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never got a written ticket/fine/license suspension or anything for suspicion of DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whenry97

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Okay so 6 weeks ago I was pulled over by an officer for 'driving too close to the yellow line'. Upon pulling me over, the officer had me step out of my car and perform Field Sobriety Tests. He claimed that my eyes seemed glossy and kept asking me 'how much weed I'd smoked' and accusatory questions like this. I have no clue how I performed on the tests, but I was not drunk or high at the time. He eventually asked to search my car (which I should have declined) but I consented and they found a bottle of vodka with an open seal which breaks the open container law, correct? Well anyways the officer then took me to a hospital where I consented to a BAC test which I am 99.9% sure will come back clean because I hadn't drank in days or smoked in months, and the officer originally told me I would be receiving something in the mail soon about the outcome of the situation. Towards the end it sounded slightly like he was letting me off with a warning but I am not sure if I could be that lucky. I never received a written ticket or court summons, my license was not suspended, no fine or anything. Should I assume the officer will not take any further action or should I still expect something in the mail?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
.Should I assume the officer will not take any further action or should I still expect something in the mail?
It's up to you what you assume and what you don't.

No one here is a mind reader - we have no idea what your test results were or what is going to happen to you.

whenry97

You probably would have heard bby now , if it was six weeks ago. HOpe this was helpful
This was helpful! I am not as worried as I used to be about getting something but I am at the point where I am starting to doubt if I will. The officer just kind of let me go after I got my blood taken at the hospital; no fingerprinting, mug shot, no written ticket and I didn't sign anything besides the waiver to allow my blood to be taken. The officer originally thought I was high upon pulling me over, and did not say anything about alcohol until he found the vodka in my car and then had me take a blood test. So I am thinking that he may not follow up on charges just for the fact that there was little evidence of me being under the influence of anything, besides the fact that I had alcohol in my car. The blood test most definitely came back clean also, so I think the only thing I am looking at is a possible open container fine.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This was helpful! I am not as worried as I used to be about getting something but I am at the point where I am starting to doubt if I will. The officer just kind of let me go after I got my blood taken at the hospital; no fingerprinting, mug shot, no written ticket and I didn't sign anything besides the waiver to allow my blood to be taken. The officer originally thought I was high upon pulling me over, and did not say anything about alcohol until he found the vodka in my car and then had me take a blood test. So I am thinking that he may not follow up on charges just for the fact that there was little evidence of me being under the influence of anything, besides the fact that I had alcohol in my car. The blood test most definitely came back clean also, so I think the only thing I am looking at is a possible open container fine.
It wasn't helpful...it was simply what you wanted to hear.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Unsure how assurances from someone completely unfamiliar with you state is "helpful".

Yes, waiting is hard, but not hearing yet doesn't mean that it's over. Maybe you'll get a ticket. Maybe you'll be fined. Maybe your blood test will get mixed up with some wino's. Maybe nothing will happen at all.

Your choice: use a Magic 8 ball, or make an actual inquiry with an office that has the information. I suppose you could order a driver's history from the PA DMV to see if anything shows up on your Individual Driver Records. If your really brave you could even contact the dept. the officer was from.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">