• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not knowing about dui and probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

confused24_7

What is the name of your state?pa

The case is in pa, what happened was in 2000 husband got dui charge, before law enacted in 2003. He got probation for it , then violated his probation a couple of years later with a possesion charge in another county. So he ended up restarting the dui probation and also had probation for the second charge in separte county. Now in 2005 he was pulled over for driving reckless and the cop said he smelled liquor on him. The cops never gave him a test, and he didn't refuse it (eventhough they may have said it in affidavit I don't know) now he is in prison.

My question is how much time can they give him for violating his probation? I always thought that they can only give you the maxium for the crime that was commited (his first DUI, which when it was committed the law was not as strict) can somebody please help me out? I can't find any thing on the probation violation or why the probation period was longer than max time?

S

seniorjudge

confused24_7 said:
What is the name of your state?pa

The case is in pa, what happened was in 2000 husband got dui charge, before law enacted in 2003. He got probation for it , then violated his probation a couple of years later with a possesion charge in another county. So he ended up restarting the dui probation and also had probation for the second charge in separte county. Now in 2005 he was pulled over for driving reckless and the cop said he smelled liquor on him. The cops never gave him a test, and he didn't refuse it (eventhough they may have said it in affidavit I don't know) now he is in prison.

My question is how much time can they give him for violating his probation? I always thought that they can only give you the maxium for the crime that was commited (his first DUI, which when it was committed the law was not as strict) can somebody please help me out? I can't find any thing on the probation violation or why the probation period was longer than max time?

Ask your husband's probation officer. He will explain everything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">