• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notification of Criminal convictions by employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

garrula lingua

I DID NOT SAY HE SHOULD GET A PLEA DEAL you did ..maybe he can be offered one... like wet wreckless.. I would rather tell an employer that than I got a DUI. Does not sound so bad..
You said 'maybe he can get a plea deal and have no conviction'
The ARD program is ONLY in PA.
There is NO such deferred adjudication for DUIs in CA.
You gave inaccurate information/advice.

MY STATE offers a plea unlike what you posted that they still lead to convitions... ARD.. that leads to NO CONVITION and full expungment if you do everything. Having said that I have no idea what his state offers if anything...
As a CA lawyer, I'll tell you.
CA does NOT have ARD.
Who gives a rat's patootie what your state offers ? Is that helping the OP ?

still a plea of wet wreckless if offered is a heck of a lot better than DUI.
The correct term is wet and reckless, not wreckless.

BTW don't tell me what to say and not to say.

thank you.
Right. Keep giving wrong info. How is that helping anyone ?

The only thing your misinformation accomplishes is your stroking your ego.

xylene

Glass Houses?

Reread the post, where it explains the DUI arrest occurred in Virginia City NEVADA, but the question of labor law was related to the posters CALIFORNIA employer.

Last edited:

paguy88

You said 'maybe he can get a plea deal and have no conviction'
The ARD program is ONLY in PA.
There is NO such deferred adjudication for DUIs in CA.
You gave inaccurate information/advice.

CA does NOT have ARD.

The correct term is wet and reckless, not wreckless.

Oh I have seen you agrue with people on here.. that strokes your ego bud.. internet tuff guy/gal or Napoleon symdrome what ever it happends to be Cali lawyer working hard on your cases while surfing the web at noon time.. leave your number so we can all give you a call.:rolleyes:

lets see how you try to twist the post to make yourself look correct

The ARD program is ONLY in PA. I SAID my state not yours..

There is NO such deferred adjudication for DUIs in CA. I never said other wise

You gave inaccurate information/advice. where? I did state an opinion on what i would do with work and said maybe a plea offer will be made.

CA does NOT have ARD.

I stated in my response to you not to the poster what would be offered in PA to avoid convition..you stated as a gernal statement plea does not lead to no convition... I stated in my state it does..

I care what my state offers and giving it's citizens a second chance at returning to normal life...anything about ARD was not to suggest Cali offered it.

Nothing I stated was wrong with the exception I should have posted the plea to avoid the actual DUI charge.

how do you work in the legal system again? those poor Cali people

paguy88

Reread the post, where it explains the DUI arrest occurred in Virginia City NEVADA, but the question of labor law was related to the posters CALIFORNIA employer.
exclent point...

proving garrula lingua is looking to show how smart he/she is.. he/she did not read the post.

I offered nothing but what i would do/ suggest if I was in that situation.

I would love to have garrula lingua working on my case... even if only at luch time..

:eek:

garrula lingua

Right, xylene.
I saw California as the state given.
You are right - it is in Nevada that the OP was cited.

Paguy,
Nevada does not have the ARD program :D:D

garrula lingua

OP:
DUI Penalties in Nevada:
The severity of the penalties available for a driving under the influence conviction are dependent upon several factors, namely whether this was your first or subsequent offense. Nevada has a seven-year "washout" period. This means that the state will only look back seven years to determine how many prior offenses you may have. The "washout" period is determined from the prior DUI arrest date to the current DUI arrest date.
FIRST CONVICTION
A first offense DUI in Nevada could result in 48 hours to six months in jail with a minimum of 96 hours of community service. The fines can range from $340 to a maximum of $1175. A first offense conviction will result in a 90 day suspension of your driving privileges. It's possible to obtain a restricted license after the initial 45 days. In addition, the court will require DUI school, a DUI assessment program and possibly a victim impact panel. The court may also order an ignition interlock device.

Regarding whether Nevada shares information with California:

National Driver Register
The National Driver Register (NDR) is a computerized database of information about drivers who have had their licenses revoked or suspended, or who have been convicted of serious traffic violations such as driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs. State motor vehicle agencies provide NDR with the names of individuals who have lost their privilege or who have been convicted of a serious traffic violation. When a person applies for a driver's license the state checks to see if the name is on the NDR file. If a person has been reported to the NDR as a problem driver, the license may be denied. More at http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/departments/nrd-30/ncsa/NDR.html

OP: Both Nevada and California are also members of the Driver License Compact which exchanges info re driving violations.

The police report is normally given to your attorney (or yourself if requested) at the arraignment (the first appearance).

Last edited:

paguy88

I don't believe I've ever seen you offer anyone a citation they need or any factual information which would assist them.
Anecdotal advice is important, but you're just simply farting away at your computer.
Useless puttering.

what are you doing right now coming up with this response above? farting away at your computer?

Oh and here is some factual info

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=400659

more factual info fom PAguy

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=399464

I think it's time to get back to some of your cases..

have a nice weekend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">