• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Now in CA, how to reinstated IN license?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

princesacdj

What is the name of your state? INDIANA. My friend had his license suspended for 5 yrs. in 1998 after receiving his 3rd DUI. He is now eligible to apply for a license or hardship license, however he now lives in California! Does anyone know what he will have to do to get his license back? He has been sober and toughing it out with public transportation and help from friends and family for 6 long years. Does he have to return to Indiana to go to court? to live? Is he facing a huge financial expense? Any info, advice, or referrals are appreciated.:confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

princesacdj said:
What is the name of your state? INDIANA. My friend had his license suspended for 5 yrs. in 1998 after receiving his 3rd DUI. He is now eligible to apply for a license or hardship license, however he now lives in California! Does anyone know what he will have to do to get his license back? He has been sober and toughing it out with public transportation and help from friends and family for 6 long years. Does he have to return to Indiana to go to court? to live? Is he facing a huge financial expense? Any info, advice, or referrals are appreciated.:confused:

My response:

No help. I hope you understand when I say that it is my deepest hope, wish and desire that he never again pilots a vehicle on our nation's highways again.

IAAL

P

princesacdj

This is a forum for advice relating to specific legal matters. While I'm sure you have valid reasons for your opinions, I am seeking constructive advice. My friend made mistakes as have we ALL. As a Christian I believe anyone who has admitted their mistakes, accepted their consequences, and works diligently EVERY day to redeem themselves and remain an upstanding, moral, and law abiding human being should be given forgiveness and help in doing so. Ridicule, blame, and negativity help NO ONE, especially not the one who offers this to the world. I will keep you in my prayers.:)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

princesacdj said:
This is a forum for advice relating to specific legal matters. While I'm sure you have valid reasons for your opinions, I am seeking constructive advice. My friend made mistakes as have we ALL. As a Christian I believe anyone who has admitted their mistakes, accepted their consequences, and works diligently EVERY day to redeem themselves and remain an upstanding, moral, and law abiding human being should be given forgiveness and help in doing so. Ridicule, blame, and negativity help NO ONE, especially not the one who offers this to the world. I will keep you in my prayers.:)

My response:

One mistake, absolutely. Two mistakes, perhaps. But THREE mistakes? I'm sorry, Lady Bible Thumper. My child crossing the street, and my old neighbor can't take a chance on him anymore.

That's why they're called "Recovering" alcoholics. The disease, unfortunately, rears it's ugly head at the most inopportune times - - and in your friend's case, when he gets behind the wheel of a killing machine.

No thank you. I'd prefer that he stays OFF of our streets and highways. Driving is NOT a right. It's a privilege, and he blew his privilege.

Now, riding the Bus - - that's his "right".

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">