• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

O.U.I.'s and C.D.L.'s

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cg3825

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
I was wondering if a first time offender who has never had a C.D.L. would be able to get one after that person got their license back. Also if that person was to get a cinderella license would they be able to apply for a C.D.L. then?

No one seems to be able to answer this for me please help:confused:

msiron

My understanding in MA (I am in MA) is that 5 years is noway on a CDL. Stricter rules for CDL, a drop of alcohol or drugs (dwi or dui) will result in revocation. Someone I know (relative) lost their license 1st offense, and received a reinstatement from the court, when he went to the RMV they told him provisional DL yes, CDL, no way in hell. They acutally laughed at him. Also it may be difficult to find an employer who will to hire you with DUI even if you could obtain a CDL?

You need a qualified dui attorney or conatct TixNix (do a search). You may also find some info here search.dmv.org/dmv/massachusetts/suspended%20license
or here search.dmv.org/search?w=cdl&tz=MA&state=MASSACHUSETTS&section=SUSPENDED+LICENSE

You may also call the mass dmv (800) 858-3926

cg3825

Re: My understanding

What if there was never a conviction or the trial was continued without a finding?

Thanks for responding

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">