• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Occupational License Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Korwatt

Hello everyone, just have a couple questions about my Occupation License. I live in Wisconsin, and been convicted of OWI 1st offense. There are two questions that I have, that I am not sure about, and hoping that someone can give me some clarification.

1. I checked the "Homemaker" box on the application form. Which means I can go to and from work. My question is would going to the gas station to put gas in fall under this category? Obviously I don't want to get arrested again for simply putting gas in my car if it would not fall under the Homemaker term.

2. Should I drive to the place where I have to get my assessment done in two weeks? Again I don't want to take the chance of being arrested, and getting an Operating while suspended charge. I can always find a ride to get there and back.

Any help would be appreciated. I have done searching on Google, but I haven't had much luck with finding any results.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hello everyone, just have a couple questions about my Occupation License. I live in Wisconsin, and been convicted of OWI 1st offense. There are two questions that I have, that I am not sure about, and hoping that someone can give me some clarification.

1. I checked the "Homemaker" box on the application form. Which means I can go to and from work. My question is would going to the gas station to put gas in fall under this category? Obviously I don't want to get arrested again for simply putting gas in my car if it would not fall under the Homemaker term.

2. Should I drive to the place where I have to get my assessment done in two weeks? Again I don't want to take the chance of being arrested, and getting an Operating while suspended charge. I can always find a ride to get there and back.

Any help would be appreciated. I have done searching on Google, but I haven't had much luck with finding any results.
You are a homemaker which means you get to drive to your home. From your home. Which means you cannot drive. If you drive to the place for the assessment you are breaking the law.

Korwatt

Alright so maybe someone can help me out on this one. I got two notices from the WisDOt, one a court order saying that my license is suspended for 6 months, and yesterday in the mail I got another notice from them this one is different though.

Notification of Administrative Order​

Effective: May 10, 2013
Time Period: 6 months reduced to 180 day(s) for the time already served
Reason: Blood alcohol content over the legal level and/or a detectable amount of a restricted controlled substance

What I am confused about is the time period, and what they mean by "time served". Again did some Google searching, but couldn't come up with much of anything.

JennK2009

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/docs/mv3027-sample.pdf

What did you put on the application regarding your request for hours? Six months equals roughly 180 days. You should get a letter that states the exact date when you are eligible to reinstate your driving privileges, providing that you have complied with all court ordered sanctions. DO NOT drive with a suspended license, it will turn criminal and your driving privileges will wind up being revoked (big difference)

Try this phone number: 608-261-8202 (M-F). Not sure if it still works, but it was a direct line to a live person at the Drivers Services, part of the DMV. Good luck.

Korwatt

I put my normal working hours for my occupational license. I work mostly in the mornings, and evenings on the weekends that I do work. Already went to court, and got the court order stating the date I am eligible for reinstatement. I figured that it was 6 months but I was not sure though. Thanks for the help.

You are a homemaker which means you get to drive to your home. From your home. Which means you cannot drive. If you drive to the place for the assessment you are breaking the law.

Homemakers can be working (for pay) outside of their own homes.

JennK2009

I put my normal working hours for my occupational license.

That’s when you run your errands. I’ve never dealt with an occupational, but the word I hear, is that, as long as your errands,( i.e. gas) are in your path directly (on the way, to or from your approved hours) it can be okay. I’m not vouching for the legality of this, but our state does appear to understand home bodies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">