• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ogle CO, IL DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vacren

What is the name of your state? IL: Ogle CO

On 31, October 2007 I arrived at a pub at around 430pm. I had 5 mixed drinks and some bar food. I left at 1135. I was pulled over on a well lighted road for driving without my headlights on at 1140pm. Headlights had shorted out so I went out of my way to avoid houses and places where kids might be and still be able to see the road.

Officer Jason asked me if I knew my lights were out, I told him yes and explained that I believed them to be shorted out. He then asked if I had anything to drink that night, I told him I had a few. He then asked me to step out of the car and perform a field sobriety test. I passed the follow the light test and failed the heal-toe test. From that he determined he had PC to take me in.

He brought me in, emptied my pockets, normal booking type stuff you see on COPS, then put me in a cell for about an hour. He brought me out and breathalyser'd me. I failed the first one for not blowing hard enough, but it flashed a result (.14 I think) first. After that he told me that if I did that two more times it would be considered failure to comply. I blew the second time and it was .208.

He then told me I was being charged with DUI and I asked him if he could write it up as anything else, I'm in the Navy and will be kicked out for DUI. He said he got "Senators and Congressmen on DUI's and they are still in office." I got my call, couldn't figure out the dial-out codes (9-1-9-1-555-555-5555) and had him dial my wife so I could get out that night.

*Scene*

Now I have questions...

I need to know if there is proper format for requesting a delay in the court date, and where to find that.

Should I get an attorney? I realize that just by virtue of not knowing the answer to that one, I probably should. And the fact that my livelihood is at stake here.

Is there any way that this could possible get thrown out or dismissed? Or marked down to cocaine trafficking? Because the Navy would look on that a lot kinder than a DUI.

Thanks for your help,
-V

seniorjudge

Q: I need to know if there is proper format for requesting a delay in the court date, and where to find that.

A: You file a written motion for continuance on the basis of [state your basis].

Q: Should I get an attorney?

A: Yes.

Q: Is there any way that this could possible get thrown out or dismissed?

A: Have your lawyer talk to the state's attorney.

vacren

Thanks for the speedy answers.

Two more...

Can you describe "court Supervision"

Is it possible to receive without an attorney?

seniorjudge

Q: Can you describe "court Supervision"

A: The judge is your probation officer.

Q: Is it possible to receive without an attorney?

A: Possible, yes; probable, I don't know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">