• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ontario License in a Salt Lake city DUI situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sunny769

Utah

I am an Ontario License holder caught for a DUI in SLC Utah - how will this impact my driving record in Ontario and my car insurance??

FlyingRon

If you are talking about Ontario, Canada, you're outside the scope of this forum. The records of your conviction will be available to your insurer if they are inclined to look for them (I would almost be certain they will). A DUI conviction will certainly have an adverse affect on their perception of your risk.

As for action on your license, I have no idea. At least you're not in one of the border states. For example, New York state and the Quebecois certainly communicate just about everything that goes on between each other.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">