• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

open intox

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

college152

What is the name of your state? michigan

yeah i got busted for open intox from earlier in the night, im 20 years old no mip (minor in posession) or anything else just the open intox... i can handle the cash fine im jsut scared to death about losing my liscense for a while due to commuting to college or jail time? can anyone help ?

college152

umm the offense code is 257.624a but other than that i dont know what u mean

all my ticket says is transport open intox

Last edited:

seniorjudge

(3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor. As part of the sentence, the person may be ordered to perform community service and undergo substance abuse screening and assessment at his or her own expense as described in section 703(1) of the Michigan liquor control code of 1998, 1998 PA 58, MCL 436.1703. A court shall not accept a plea of guilty or nolo contendere for a violation of this section from a person charged solely with a violation of section 625(6).

The above is part of the law you are charged with.

Read the rest at
http://www.legislature.mi.gov/mileg.asp?page=getObject&objName=mcl-257-624a&highlight=

Call the state DMV and ask them if you will also lose your license.

college152

thank you... so no jail time? i hope i dont lose my lisence i talked to the cop he said it should only be a couple hundred dollar fine but my other friend made it seem like i could go to jail but he might not know what hes talking about

that said as part of the sentence.. sorry for all these questions im just scared as hell my parents run a real tight ship i could get kicked out.

college152

seniorjudge said:
Time to get a lawyer and start going to AA.

are you serious im gonna need a lawyer the cop said it would be just a couple hundred bucks :( i thought it would be similar to an mip i didnt even drink

B

budiswis3r

Don't worry about it you won't lose your liscense you only lose your liscense when driving is involved... I wouldn't worry about that its just gonna be a couple hundred dollar fine and an alcohol assement thats it. Just like the cop said.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">