• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Open Intoxicants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mary6265

What is the name of your state?
Michigan. I received a ticket for open intox last weekend and I am trying to determine whether I should hire a lawyer to represent me. I was not driving, my boyfriend was because I had been drinking and we were pulled over for a defective headlight. I had a bag with an open half pint in it on the floor, I was not drinking in the car. I am going to nursing school and cannot afford this on my record. Is this usually treated as a serious violation? Especially since I was not drinking? Thank you.

AlanShore

Michigan. I received a ticket for open intox last weekend and I am trying to determine whether I should hire a lawyer to represent me. I was not driving, my boyfriend was because I had been drinking and we were pulled over for a defective headlight. I had a bag with an open half pint in it on the floor, I was not drinking in the car. I am going to nursing school and cannot afford this on my record. Is this usually treated as a serious violation? Especially since I was not drinking? Thank you.
I hire a lawyer.

HomeGuru

**A: but you were drinking by your own admission. We do not need drunk nurses. Either quit drinking or find a new profession.

mary6265

Uummm since when do people in the medical profession not drink? I did not drive drunk, I am an adult, what does that have to do with anything?

HomeGuru

Uummm since when do people in the medical profession not drink? I did not drive drunk, I am an adult, what does that have to do with anything?
**A: it has to do with a lot. I suggest you ask the judge that question when you go to court. And please post back with what the judge tells you.

CJane

You were not ticketed for drinking. You were ticketed for having an open intoxicant in the car. Which you openly admit. Whether or not you were drinking is irrelevant to the infraction.

AlanShore

**A: it has to do with a lot. I suggest you ask the judge that question when you go to court. And please post back with what the judge tells you.
Mary just ignore it. Like I said in your situation I would hire a lawyer to take care of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">