• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OUID for Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cory_jbrooks

i was pulled over for my air freshener being an obstruction of view...the police officer never read me my rights when i was arressted..is something wrong here?

seniorjudge

i was pulled over for my air freshener being an obstruction of view...the police officer never read me my rights when i was arressted..is something wrong here?
If he didn't ask you any questions (other than what's your name and address, etc.) it is not required to have the Miranda warnings read.

By the way, what does this have to do with marijuana?

CdwJava

What state are we walking about? There IS case law that exists specifically on the issue of hanging air fresheners out of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

In short, the arrest would have to have been for probable cause. If the obstruction of view is a violation in your un-named state, then the detention will likely be lawful. After that, the cause for the arrest will have to be based on factors you have neglected to advise us of.

- Carl

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

I believe we are missing vital parts of this story. It's like watching the finale of Desperate Housewives and not knowing that Gabby slept with her lawn boy.

To the OP, please fill in the blanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">