• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

out of state DUI in CO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ozimmerman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO
My brother in law is staying with relatives temporarily in CO. He is a CT resident with a CT license. He was arrested for DUI last week (1st DUI anywhere). HE is really hoping he will be able to come home, but thinks he may not be able to leave CO for 2 years. I can't find much information online about what happens in this situation. If anyone has any info about this tyoe of situation it is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO
My brother in law is staying with relatives temporarily in CO. He is a CT resident with a CT license. He was arrested for DUI last week (1st DUI anywhere). HE is really hoping he will be able to come home, but thinks he may not be able to leave CO for 2 years. I can't find much information online about what happens in this situation. If anyone has any info about this tyoe of situation it is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
He'll have to face the charges in CO, and will, if he pleads guilty or is found guilty, be sentenced in CO. If he gets placed on probation, he can request a transfer to have his probation supervised in CT. Since he is a resident of CT, it should be relatively easy to get approval from the Interstate Compact in each state for the transfer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">