• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of State DUI Conviction.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gr8fulDad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
Got a DUI conviction in Wisconsin and I have a Georgia driver's license. What can I expect to happen to my license in Georgia once Wisconsin notifies them? This would be a first offense. I looked into the whole "Driver's License Compact" thing; and it is somewhat confusing. It says GA and WI are not part of it, but I don't trust that answer.

Thanks.

ERAUPIKE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
Got a DUI conviction in Wisconsin and I have a Georgia driver's license. What can I expect to happen to my license in Georgia once Wisconsin notifies them? This would be a first offense. I looked into the whole "Driver's License Compact" thing; and it is somewhat confusing. It says GA and WI are not part of it, but I don't trust that answer.

Thanks.
Georgia participates in the NRVC or Non-Resident Violator Compact and DLC but Wisconsin does not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">