• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of State DUI - First Offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

duiguy_recent

What is the name of your state? NJ
Drivers License? IL

I am facing DUI charges in New Jersey holding IL Drivers License with BAC levels of 0.16. The incident happened in Nov 2007. I was pulled over as i was driving on wrong side of the road. Not involved in any kind of accident. I was arrested and taken away, given a breath analyzer test and was let go after couple of hours. I was given a arraignment date 3 days of the incident. I hired an attorney soon after that and my new court date is a couple of weeks from now. My attorney says that he haven't had much time to review the case and he wants to move the court date. Also he says that he is not quite sure what illinois is going to do about this. He said to call some lawyers in illinois. At this point i am confused what to do? Have anyone of you faced this situation before? Would i have face charges in 2 different states? I am thinking of changing my drivers license to NJ. Can i change my drivers license to NJ now as the case is still pending in the court? I am in need of desperate help. Please advise.

paguy88

odd are if you are convited if you keep your IL licenese or change to NJ. You will be losing it for a long long time.

state share info.

so what ever NJ DMV does as part of a convition, IL DMV will do too you once they find out.

in the long run you can not hide this.

seniorjudge

Drivers License? IL

I am facing DUI charges in New Jersey holding IL Drivers License with BAC levels of 0.16. The incident happened in Nov 2007. I was pulled over as i was driving on wrong side of the road. Not involved in any kind of accident. I was arrested and taken away, given a breath analyzer test and was let go after couple of hours. I was given a arraignment date 3 days of the incident. I hired an attorney soon after that and my new court date is a couple of weeks from now. My attorney says that he haven't had much time to review the case and he wants to move the court date. Also he says that he is not quite sure what illinois is going to do about this. He said to call some lawyers in illinois. At this point i am confused what to do? Have anyone of you faced this situation before? Would i have face charges in 2 different states? I am thinking of changing my drivers license to NJ. Can i change my drivers license to NJ now as the case is still pending in the court? I am in need of desperate help. Please advise.

I agree you are in desperate need of help.

Two things you need to do:

Surrender your driver's license

AND

Start going to AA....

irish77

Drivers License? IL

so whatever happened?????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">