• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of State Traffic Warrant - Please Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RobNJ

Hello. I need some help here. I currently live in NJ and I have an out of state warrant out of MD. The warrant is for a failure to appear on a driving while suspended charge. I have always lived in NJ and I was in MD on business when I received the ticket. NJ suspended my license because of the unanswered summons in MD. MD put a warrant out for me for $15,000 on a traffic ticket for failure to appear. First of all I have to say that is rediculous - and so did the local NJ police. I am trying to clear this up.

MD said to surrender in NJ. NJ said that MD will not pick me up if I do surrender. Police in NJ told me to come in on a date and time they have municipal court to surrender. This way, the judge is there already. Can a NJ judge release me or does MD have to ok the ROR? Will MD actually pick me up on this? Does this vacate the MD warrant or is this just a release in NJ?

This was a first offense in MD driving while suspended. I also gor a running stop sign ticket. I do have driving while suspended conviction in NJ.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">