• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Outcome of First DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tbud333

What is the name of your state? California.
If you are arrested for DUI and you know that you are guilty, don't waist your $900 on a lawyer, the end result is going to be the same.
Get car back from tow company- $300
License suspended for 4 months. (longer if you don't start DUI class immediately).
Fine of $2,000
Probation for 3 years.
Enroll in and attend DUI classes for 4 months. $400.00
Attend four AA meetings.
SR-22 from insurance company. Cost -triple what you pay now ,must keep for 3 years.
6 days in jail or 6 days of community service (or house arrest at your expense) $150.00
Fee to get license back $125.00
Lesson learned - Priceless.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
So that's around $4,000 plus whatever the tripled insurance rate will be. I noticed on another thread somebody else added up their costs for their DUI and it was also right at $4,000.00 plus insurance.

Of course, sometimes you have to add hospital expenses and funeral costs as well.

I'm glad your son learned his lesson.

I have found that everybody who gets a lawyer for a DUI ends up paying more in fines than those who do not. I did not have a lawyer and only paid $50 for a fine plus like $200 in probation costs....

paguy88

ann, I always see lots of wise crack comments on this site.

you made a mistake and lucky for you didnt get hurt or hurt anyone else.

seems to me you learned your lession no matter how much you paid.

so good for you.

everyone makes a mistake in life on some level if you dont then something is wrong with you.. might not be drinking and driving. could be making a bad house loan, drugs so many mistakes at so many levels.

this person seems to have learned from it.

and good for her.

others don't and will have to pay pipper later one way or another.

Last edited:

tbud333

Outcome of first DUI

anneanne,
I'll bet the few dollars I have left that you didn't get your DUI in California...:eek:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">