• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OWI < 21 Zero Tolerance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mansfin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I'm 20 years old, two months away from 21 (shooting myself in the foot). I'm a student at Michigan and was visiting a friend at michigan state. I got pulled over by the MSU police department because I was making a phone call and swerved a little. The officer told me he smelled beer on my breath and I told him I had four beers at my friend's house. <-- True :) I blew a .04 and was arrested for the zero tolerance law.

What exactly is the severity of this misdemeanor? Is this like a DUI? Do I have to report it on job applications and such? I read online that the fee won't be more than $250. Is it worth spending money on a lawyer for such a little fine? Do people with this offense usually get lawyers? I'm more worried about driving privileges and being able to get jobs in the future and such. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">